Thursday, March 3, 2011

Grammarly Scam Detector Video

So I decided to make a video outlining how I used Grammarly to detect email scams, as I mentioned in my post My Grandparents: Scam Detectives. It's my first-ever online video so be gentle with me.

Update: I've received a lot of great responses on this Grammarly scam tool I recommended to my family. It was a fun process, and I'm glad so many people stumbled across it. As I'm sure everyone knows, scams are only getting more frequent online, so I guess there are a lot of people looking for a solution. While many of us are able to quickly spot and ignore fraudulent 'junk email', there are many others who are new to the Internet who aren't as familiar with these things.

I think, because of this, people 'in the know' are seeking out tools to actually spot and delete this spam/scam stuff automatically for their loved ones. This will leave them less vulnerable to people trying to take advantage of their unfamiliarity with the web. While my little tool is just a prototype of sorts, I think the interest I received from it indicates that there is a gap in the market for a tool that is more than just an email spam filter. Perhaps combining plagiarism analysis with a good spam filter would be a 'best of both worlds'. For now, however, please enjoy the Grammarly scam detector.



Grammarly Scam Detector

No comments:

Post a Comment